Development, Managing Principal
Mr. McBride has been in real estate development for more than 25 years. In his career, he has been involved in all aspects of development with expertise ranging from acquisition through construction for more than 8 million square feet of retail, office, mixed use, multifamily residential and infrastructure. He joined SJM Partners in 1994. Currently he is a principal in the development of the George Washington Bridge Bus Station, New York, including upgrading the existing bus station and providing 120,000 sq ft of new retail. A few of his past projects and partnerships include: University View Complex, College Park, MD, a 1.4 million sq ft mixed-use project for more than 2,500 students where the scope of project work included
acquisition, entitlement, land consolidation, master planning, design and construction; Maxwell House Project in Hoboken, NJ, which comprises 200,000 commercial sq ft and 1.2 million residential sq ft which was an old industrial site transformed through entitlements, partnering with multiple state and federal agencies, historic approvals, waterfront park development, and environmental approvals; Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD, a master planned urban project of four city blocks of mixed-use high-rise residential, office, and retail that is the foundation of the now-thriving Inner Harbor, Baltimore; and Crossroads Shopping Center, Bailey’s Crossroads, VA managing the development of 300,000 sq ft nationally anchored shopping center that sold for the highest sq ft price for retail space in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Before he joined SJM Partners, he worked on various phases of construction for approximately two million sq ft of urban office and multi-family residential space at Clark Construction. A few of his past project include: the 330,00 sq ft Army Corp of Engineers building in Baltimore; the 550,000 sq ft National Science Foundation building in Arlington Virginia; the 300,000 sq ft National Park Service in Washington DC; and the 300,000 sq ft Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) building in Washington, DC.
Sample development projects – listed below is a list of sample of the appropriate development projects that Mr. McBride has led since joining the Company.
- Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD – Master planned urban project consisting of four city blocks of mixed use high rise residential, office and retail. Oversaw the entitlement and construction of the first two phases of the fully leased project that was the foundation of the now thriving section of Inner Harbor Baltimore.
- Westbrooke Place, Washington DC – Developed 250-unit apartment building that has a history of the highest rents in Washington DC.
- Maxwell House Project, Hoboken, New Jersey – Redevelopment of existing coffee production facility to four city blocks of 850 residential units and 200,000 sq ft of commercial and retail sq ft (approximately 1,400,000 million sq ft plus structured parking).
- 1060 Brickell, Miami Florida – Oversaw the land selection, entitlement and design of 625 units in two 34-story towers with 10-story garage.
- University View, College Park Maryland – Oversaw the entitlement, land consolidation, master planning, design and construction of the 1.4 million sq ft mixed-use project consisting 2,500 student housing beds, 900 structured parking spaces and ground floor retail. This project was a public/private partnership with the University of Maryland for overall planning, design transportation, stream systems and infrastructure improvements.